Everyone knows about spring cleaning your house, but what if you took that spirit to spring clean your life? This is the perfect time of year to change up your routine, try something new, and de-clutter every area of your life. Out with the old and in with the new!
Refresh Your Yoga Routine
Is your yoga routine feeling a little stale? Spring clean your yoga routine!
- Try a new style of yoga. If you’re a power yoga person, try a restorative class. If you always go for a beginner class, challenge yourself to try a more advanced class. Check out a different style of yoga at a new studio, or even try a new teacher at your usual studio. Try our On Demand Library, which has beginner, restorative, power, and even cardio classes, available to stream on your device whenever you want.
- Get a new yoga accessories. It’s time to get rid of that old ratty mat that’s falling apart and replace it with a new one. Or maybe you’ve been fumbling around without yoga blocks, and they might help you get deeper into your practice. This is also the perfect time to go through your yoga wardrobe and get rid of anything that is stained, has holes, or doesn’t fit anymore.
- De-clutter your yoga or meditation space. Move things aside that have crept into your space, or take this time to create a space for yourself. It’s so important that your place to practice or meditate brings you peace.
Refresh Your Skincare Routine
Do you change up your skincare with the seasons? You should start if you haven’t. In winter, your skin needs a thicker moisturizer to protect it. While you should always wear sunscreen, in summer this is especially important. Swap out your thick winter body butter for something lighter, maybe with a fresh scent like grapefruit or mango. If you don’t have a skincare routine, or have sensitive skin, you can start with a very simple routine, check out our post about our natural skincare routine.
Refresh Your Home
This is what everyone thinks of when the words “spring cleaning” come up. Here are some tips to clean and refresh your home for spring:
- Don’t try to clean everything at once. Start with one small area, complete it, and move on. Or you can start in stages by finding everything you want to throw out, donate, or otherwise get rid of, and then cleaning and organizing the things you want to keep once you can see what you have.
- Wanting to make some natural cleaning swaps? Check out our post on making your own natural cleaning products for some tips.
- Keep your home smelling great by using essential oils. We have a guide on what oils you can use for certain purposes. You can also burn incense to refresh your yoga space, or a nice soy candle with a spring floral scent.
Refresh Your Self Care
You might not think of your self when it comes to spring cleaning, but we can always use a little spruce. Try upping your self-care by trying something new:
- Reiki: a Japanese technique for stress relief and relaxation. You can find a reiki practitioner to help you in-person or long-distance, or even take a class for self-Reiki.
- Breathwork: Check out our quick guide to Ujjayi (Victorious Breath), or incorporate Lion’s Breath, or Alternate Nostril Breathing into your yoga or meditation practice. Changing your breath is a simple thing, but it can change your whole mood.
- Ayurveda: this sister practice to yoga that can help you find new ways to nourish your body. Take a quiz and find your Dosha, or the balance of five elements in your body. You might also want to try dry brushing, an ayurvedic process that supports exfoliation and lymphatic drainage.