With the global pandemic, there’s been a lot of focus on mental health – and rightly so! But we wanted to give you a little reminder today to care for your internal health as well. With a healthy recipe, organic or local fruits and veggies, and a high-powered blender, you can create dozens of scrumptious, nutritious smoothies and juices.
Our family here at Health Yoga Life has been making green drink smoothies with our Vitamix 5200 for over a decade! Check out this video of our co-founder, Siga Bielkus, sharing her favorite green drink recipe back in 2011.
Since then, we’ve perfected this recipe Siga created. We’ve removed all sweet ingredients (like carrots and apples) that can increase blood sugar so that everyone, no matter their dietary restrictions, can enjoy our green drink. Did you know two of our co-founders have Type 1 diabetes? We know they are not alone, and that’s why we made this recipe accessible to everyone.
Friends, treat yourself to a green drink today with a Vitamix 5200! This universal tool is perfect for making large batches and can provide you with any texture you enjoy most! Make anything and everything from smoothies to soups.
For today’s green drink, follow these steps:
- Add the following ingredients to the Vitamix 5200 blender after thoroughly washing them (check out Siga’s YouTube video for tips for washing greens):
- Leaves off stalks of kale
- Chard (or collard greens)
- (2) Organic peeled cucumbers
- Parsley off the stem
- Peeled lime
- Bit of peeled ginger
- Lots of filtered water
- Optional: Dandelion
Be sure to keep all the stems for vegetable stock (which we’ll discuss in an upcoming Treat Your Self post).
- With the Vitamix 5200, start off at a low speed then gradually increase to the fastest speed. Allow it to blend for several seconds at the fastest speed to let everything emulsify.
- Once all the ingredients are well blended, pour the drink into a large pitcher for storing.
- Repeat steps 1-3 as many times as you want to use up all your greens!
At HYL we drink a lot of KeVita and kombucha, and we’ve found their reusable glass bottles to be a great space-saver in the fridge! With a funnel, simply transfer the green drink from the pitcher to the bottles.
Thank you for joining us today! Keep an eye out for the next HYL Treat Your Self. Remember, treat your internal health lovingly, friends!
If you try our green drink, we would love to know! Tag us on social media: